Friday, December 7, 2012

Size


I've been trying to deal with the scale of my photographs. While I am truly in love with the intimacy of a contact print and the richness and detail that can come with it, they are somewhat counter to the goal of photographs which is to allow the viewer to enter the scene. To that end I've made a series of large prints and created situations in which the viewer can experience the space. Here are two:



The other thing that I'm working on involves making tiny prints that are designed to travel with its viewer and allow the viewer to be transported, consciously or subconsciously, into nature simply by referencing the photograph. One of the first iterations of this idea is a series of small notebooks with a small landscape photograph on the cover (available here). The viewer/user now lives with and uses this object, choosing whether or not to interact with the image on the cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment